The twenty-first century is the audio-visual generation with the Internet is the biggest revolution of this era. With the help of this platform, your ideas can be represented to the people very easily. It has used to reach his art and his skills to the people. Many types of social sites exist which prove to be very helpful in such works area. Gradually it has become a huge medium and YouTube has become an important role in these mediums. With its help, people are trying to reach very big and high dreams. Many people are making YouTube their source of income too. Many people want and dream to become YouTuber’s nowadays.
What is YouTube
YouTube is a kind of social sites, the main feature of which is ‘video’. In this site, almost all types of videos, all kinds of movies are stored, which can be played through the internet and can be enjoyed by watching. This is a video sharing website located in San Bruno, USA. It came into existence on 14 February 2005, almost 15 years ago. Now its importance has increased a lot and it works as a subsidiary of Google. On this website, a common man can also upload his own special channel, upload, post, rate, share, report, etc.
If someone’s favorite TV daily soap is missed, he can watch the missed episode very easily according to his time. The best part is that it does not require any special registration or account to run, yes if the video is for adults only, then the proof of being an adult can be given by giving your e-mail ID. Various types of TV shows, reality shows, music videos, short films, documentary films, audio recordings, live performances, movie trailers, etc. are uploaded on this website.
A Look at the History of YouTube
YouTube is a company founded by Chad Hurley, Steve Chan, and Javed Karim. All three were previously employed in PayPal. Hurley did design from Indiana University and Chan and Karim studied computer science at Illinois University.
Regarding these people, an incident has been mentioned in the media. According to this, the two friends shot some videos during a party in Chan’s apartment, but they were unable to share these videos with anyone else. Fed up with this problem, both of them came up with an idea to share the video, which later came to everyone in the form of YouTube. He got the idea of YouTube. Actually, Karim could not find the video clip of either of these two, because of not getting the video, he imagined a site with which the video could be shared very easily. According to Chan and Hurley, YouTube’s original idea came from an online dating service website and ‘Hot and Note’.
This company started with a very big budget. It started with about $ 11 million. It was between November 2005 to April 2006. It’s initial headquarter was over a Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California. Its initial domain name was www.youtube.com, which began on 14 February 2005. The first video on this website was titled ‘Me at the Zoo’, in which Javed Karim, one of the company’s founders, is seen at a zoo in San Diego. This video was uploaded on the website on 23 April 2005, which is being watched with great interest even after twelve years.
Around the month of May this year, such features were added to it, so that ordinary people can also watch videos very easily. A promotional video of Naik on this website became the first video to receive nearly one million views. Ronaldinho worked in this campaign. In the month of November this year, Sequoia Capital put $ 3.5 million on YouTube. This made YouTube even stronger. During this time, about eight million views a day were coming on YouTube. This website was developing very fast. In July 2006, the company announced that 65,000 new videos are being uploaded on it daily. After this, YouTube videos started getting almost more than 100 million views daily.
In 2014, the company announced that about 300 hours of video are uploaded per minute on this website, which was three times the figure of a year ago. The surprising thing is that one-third of it comes to YouTube from outside the US. The website gets around 800 million visitors every month. As of December 2016, YouTube is the world’s second most used website and the world’s number one TV website.
Features of YouTube
Playback: Adobe Flash Player plug-in was used to play YouTube videos at the beginning. In January 2010, an experimental version of YouTube arrived, which did not require any separate software to run. The use of YouTube became very easy with this version. After this, it became very easy to run YouTube in many other browsers.
Uploading: Any YouTube user can upload a maximum of fifteen minutes of video in the initial time. After this, depending on the quality of their videos and the response of the people, they can be allowed to upload videos up to a maximum of twelve hours. There was no such limit in the initial time, but it was seen that many people started uploading videos and long TV shows without any meaning. In view of this, its time limit was increased to ten minutes in March 2006, and in 2010, the time limit was increased to fifteen minutes. In most modern YouTube usage, videos of 20 GB or more can be sent.
Quality and Video Format: YouTube supports various video formats. These include AVI, MP4, MPEG-PS, FLV, etc. YouTube used to offer videos in early stages with 320 by 240-pixel resolution in mono MP3 format. In 2007, YouTube also made videos of 3GP format available to run on mobile. A high-quality model was introduced in 2008, which offered the video with a resolution of 480 by 360 pixels. In November 2008, 720p ACD support was added to it. In this way, the dimension of YouTube videos increased from 4: 3 to 16: 9 and also worked very well on the widescreen.
Apart from all these 3D videos, 360-degree videos, etc. are also present on YouTube.
How to Earn Money from YouTube
YouTube has become a very good way to earn money. There are many such subscribing plans through which YouTube connects many video promotions to a good channel itself, which benefits the channel owner. Lets I tell you the way to earn money on YouTube given below:
- The first thing to do is to create a channel by logging into YouTube. These channels are personal, which no one else can run. A channel can be created with a YouTube account. A YouTube account is like a Google account. YouTube account can be connected to other places of Google like Google Drive or G-Mail. A very interesting title can be given to this channel, under whose name ordinary people will be able to find the channel very easily. The channel name is much better if it is related to the content of the video. The username you are using affects you a lot. People can remember very easily if the name is short and effective, and can also refer to it from other people, which will give better publicity to your channel. If not liked, then the user name can also be changed later.
- The up-loader should keep in mind that the uploaded thing is of good quality, and should not be too long. Whatever be the beginning, the effort should be that every next video should be better than the previous one.
- Video quality can improve in many ways. It is very important to take special care of a very good camera, good video editing, lighting, etc.
- By uploading videos continuously at very short intervals, a good number of viewers are gathered, due to which the source of earning gets better.
- The more viewers, the more the revenue will increase, so the link of YouTube through its Facebook, Twitter, and other social sites should be tried to reach more and more people.
By keeping their reply on the comments made by the audience, the audience remains. Following their questions, their ideas and suggestions can be of great benefit.
- The most important way to earn money on YouTube is to allow YouTube to add ads to your videos. After uploading a video, click on the “monetizing tab” that allows YouTube to do it on its own. In the same box, click on the ‘$’ sign next to all those videos. The video clicked is monetized. There are edits on it and money also increases with the increase in viewership.
- With this, an account has to be created on the ‘Google Edition’ website. That account created for free. Here all information asked by YouTube has to give. Here either a ‘PayPal’ account or another bank account is required. With this, the subscriber has to provide his address. With the help of these informants, Adsense knows who you are and to whom Adsense will send money. Viewers pay per click and very little is paid on views. This is the reason that to make money on YouTube, the viewership should be very large.
- If it is appropriate to make a video, then it has very important to form a small team and share the work. This can be done very easily with no tension.
- It is important to check the analysis periodically. If it seems that the content is not working or the channel is not becoming popular, then it is important to change the content of the video over time.
- After starting on YouTube, it is necessary to market your videos in many other places. A website or blog can be created for this. Apart from this, there are many other social sites on which your videos can be shared.
- Along with all this, membership in YouTube can also be taken there are many benefits to being a partner. A YouTube partner gets much help in creating content on YouTube as well with a lot of prizes can be also won by being a partner. In order to be a partner, the videos of a channel should get at least fifteen thousand views in the next 90 days.
That was a way to make your career on Youtube..!
Find this article helpful..? Don’t forget to share it..!